Using social media for marketing is about reaching ideal customers on the internet where they spend time, enticing them back to your website, and converting them to a traditional lead.
Social Media Marketing Can Bring in the Leads
You’d be forgiven for thinking social media is nothing more than a waste of time. But the truth is it can be a viable source of leads when done right – meaning leveraged with relevant content such as ebooks, how-to guides, blog posts, case studies, videos and more. Without informative content to read and share, there’s no reason for anyone to follow you on social media.
Using social media for marketing is about reaching your ideal customers on the social platforms where they spend time, enticing them back to your website with informative information and converting them into a traditional lead.
The Stats Are Hard to Ignore
But many marketers don’t take advantage of social internet marketing because of pervading misconceptions. Some write off social media as kids’ stuff, but the truth is it’s not just for “kids” anymore.
- 2.8 billion people were using social media by the end of 2016, up 21 percent from 2015.
- Social media use on mobile increased by 30 percent year-over-year in 2016, surpassing 2.5 billion users globally (91 percent of all social media users).
- 83 percent of Americans have a social media account.
- Facebook has 1.65 billion monthly active users and 1.09 billion daily active users, on average.
- A colossal 50 million businesses use Facebook Pages.
- Twitter has 310 million monthly active users.
- Every second, 6,000 Tweets are sent.
- LinkedIn has 433 million users in more than 200 countries and territories.
- LinkedIn has more than 128 million users in the U.S.
- A whopping 94 percent of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content.
- YouTube has over 1 billion users.
- YouTube has 4 billion daily views.
That doesn’t mean younger visitors are going anywhere, however. YouTube, for example, reaches more adults aged 18–34 than any cable TV network. And the big sites are all still getting bigger. LinkedIn, for example, sees 2 new members join every second.
Expand Your Reach with Social Media
If you’ve been thinking about expanding your presence on social media, the time has never been better — or more profitable. Recent data shows that at least 4 in 10 companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
Careful though…you can’t just jump in to “be where the action is.” As with any marketing tactic, you’ll see the best results when you have a solid strategy guiding you.
That’s where we can help. We’ll work with you to choose which social media platforms are right for you, help you integrate social with your traditional marketing, give you strategies to manage the demands on staff time and show you tools you can use to measure the effectiveness of your efforts.