Content marketing is quickly becoming the top way of driving sales, with over 70% of marketers using content marketing strategies to drive traffic to their website.
For manufacturers, this process involves creating blogs, videos, podcasts, and other online content to inform potential clients about your manufacturing business.
Content marketing for manufacturing companies works because you are giving your clients answers. They want to know who you are, why they should buy your products, and what you know about your industry. Answering these questions builds trust when they visit your website.
But how do you drive traffic to your website in the first place?
- Search engine optimization (SEO) can benefit your manufacturing company’s website by helping you land near the top of search results
- Providing high-quality, free content on your website will draw more traffic and convert more visitors to customers
- Social media is an effective way for manufacturing businesses to increase website traffic
- Working with a skilled marketing partner helps you boost website traffic, while leaving you free to focus on your core business
5 Ways You Can Drive Traffic to Your Website
Looking to steer more customers toward your manufacturing business? Here are five proven ways to effectively drive traffic to your website.
1.Use SEO Effectively to Land on the First Page of Search Results
If you want to bring more traffic to your website, start with SEO (search engine optimization). SEO delivers visitors to your site by helping you rank higher in search results, so people looking for your products or services find your business before they find your competitors.
Over 68% of online visitors begin by performing a search. Of those searches, nearly 93% come from Google. If your website holds the top results spot, you get an average click-through rate (CTR) of 32%.
You can achieve a top page rank by using keywords, links, and quality content.
- Keywords are search terms that relate to the content on your website. By using a search term multiple times, you alert Google to what your website is about and which searches should deliver visitors to your page.
- Links to high-ranking outside sources show Google that you have quality content as well. Internal links to other pages and posts within your website connect your website to improve navigation and provide information to visitors quickly.
- Quality content gives your visitors new information in a unique way, supported by facts and statistics.
Once visitors start clicking on your manufacturing website, your website’s easy navigation and simple design will take over and lead visitors to your top pages.
Video: Advanced Keyword Research Tutorial (5-Step Blueprint) by Brian Dean
2. Start a Blog with Regularly Updated Content
Content marketing for manufacturing companies is key to attracting new clients and visitors.
Out of the 1.7 billion live websites today, 500 million of them are blogs. Blogging is a successful marketing technique for manufacturers – and with good reason. Blogs build trust with your audience and position you as a leader in your industry.
When you create consistent content, you keep your website relevant. New blog posts give you something to share on social media, newsletters, and the web, driving traffic back to your website.
Over 34% of readers will make an unplanned purchase because of a blog post. Your blog posts should offer visitors free, quality information about your industry – then end with a call to action. A call to action informs visitors of a paid product or service that connects to the blog post’s theme.
3. Use Social Media to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Take advantage of that sea of users by sharing your blog posts and new products on social media. Statistics show that social media is the top way to drive traffic to your website – as long as you use social media correctly.
Are you interested in attracting more clicks through social media?
Offer giveaways and incentives. While someone might not click on a post that’s advertising a paid product, that same person may be more receptive to a gift.
4. Use Email Marketing to Personally Connect to Customers
The previous statistics show that email marketing is still prominent in the 21st century. With over 3.9 billion people using email, you have a large market available for promoting your website.
Email marketing isn’t sending out dozens of spam emails. If you want to create an effective email marketing campaign, send emails that:
- Welcome new visitors to your website
- Connect personally to your customers
- Remind customers of products left in their shopping cart
- Offer gifts, sales notices, and valuable information
- Link back to your website
Where do you get these email addresses? Offer free incentives in exchange for email addresses – or have a pop-up asking people to subscribe to your blog through email.
Don’t just give out freebies to new customers. In addition, reward your long-time clients by emailing out gifts in appreciation for their loyalty. This small gesture shows that you notice them and helps create lasting personal relationships.
5. Network with Potential Clients and Partners
While online marketing for manufacturers allows you to reach billions of users, it lacks one essential component. The internet isn’t as personal as a face-to-face encounter. The personal touch is one of the top marketing trends for manufacturing companies.
Over 95% of people feel that the best business relationships require in-person meetings.
How effective are in-person meetings? According to studies, businesses make more sales through in-person meetings than online – with a 40% conversion rate versus the 16% conversion rate businesses were seeing from online interactions.
Some great options for networking are hosting meetings, conferences, volunteering, and word of mouth from your friends. As you network with new people, hand out business cards that send them to your website.
How to Start Brand Marketing for Manufacturing Companies
Are you ready to drive traffic to your website with these five marketing strategies?
Do you want to start seeing results through more customer conversions and sales?
Tackling a new brand marketing strategy isn’t easy. If you hire a marketing team, they can focus on brand marketing – which frees you to spend your time on the core goals of your manufacturing business.
Partner with the highly trained team of content strategists at Shanahan Strategy Inc. We’ll help you navigate the world of marketing for manufacturing companies and drive traffic to your website.