Manufacturing is a highly competitive industry, making it challenging to stand out and rise above your competitors. As a result, many manufacturers are investing in digital PR experts for manufacturers to build memorable brands, stay on top of the mind of potential customers, and win more business.
In this article, you’ll learn what to expect when working with a PR team so you can see exactly where your money is going. Plus, we’ll share a few things digital PR can do for your manufacturing company, ensuring you fully understand its benefits.
- Working with a digital PR professional can help establish relationships with journalists and bloggers in your industry, helping your company get favorable press coverage.
- Having a PR team that creates high-quality content on your behalf can generate more brand awareness and establish your company’s credibility as a leader in the industry.
- Your PR team can help you make a great first impression on potential customers when attending and marketing at trade shows, allowing you to generate new business.
What Can You Expect When Investing in Digital PR?
You may already be familiar with PR in the more traditional sense. For decades, it has been the job of PR professionals to get their clients featured in print publications (newspapers and magazines), as well as radio and television. While that type of press coverage is still important to many, the PR landscape has changed greatly with the digital age, requiring a shift in strategy.
The goal of digital marketing, on the other hand, is often to get featured in online publications. This includes generating coverage on news websites, blogs, and social media platforms. It also covers the need for content marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) to generate organic web traffic, both of which are crucial for companies wanting to generate online brand awareness.
Video: What is Digital Marketing? | Simplilearn on YouTube
Here are a few things to expect from digital PR for manufacturers:
- Creation of unique media for your brand: Your PR team can assist in creating and publishing online content to build awareness and establish a positive reputation in your industry.
- Online press release preparation: Whenever you need to quickly publicize information such as breaking news or new product details, your PR team can write a press release to efficiently reach news outlets. This is especially important because 42% of survey respondents to a Cision survey rank press releases as the most trustworthy type of content.
- Established relationships with journalists and bloggers: A PR team will be able to connect you with media professionals covering your industry so you can develop strong relationships with them. This plays a major role in helping you to generate coverage online.
Those are just a few areas you can benefit from digital PR for manufacturers. Your PR team can also implement a digital marketing strategy that helps you reach many of your business goals.
3 Amazing Things Digital PR for Manufacturers Can Do for You
Brands like Apple and YETI know that PR is a powerful marketing tool for their companies. However, you may not have heard talks about implementing digital PR for manufacturers. This begs the question, “Can it be helpful in this industry?”
Here are three things it can help you do:
1. Generate More Brand Awareness for Your Company
Increasing brand awareness is necessary for manufacturers because potential customers need to know you exist. And you can’t expect them to simply stumble across your company if you have no online presence. You need to proactively create content and spread the word about what you have to offer to get noticed.
However, if you’re busy managing the day-to-day tasks at your company, you might not have the time or energy required to do this. That’s where a PR team comes in. They can write high-quality, valuable content that will appeal to your target audience and incorporate your company’s unique selling proposition (USP) into the content to reinforce your brand message.
2. Establish Credibility and Leadership in Your Industry
Building a solid brand reputation doesn’t happen overnight. The good news, however, is that you don’t have to do it all on your own. Investing in a team of digital PR experts for manufacturers will not only boost your credibility but also establish you as a leader in your industry. Ultimately, this can attract new customers to your company.
But how does working with a PR team accomplish this? One way to establish credibility and leadership is through strategic media outreach. Establishing relationships with media professionals in your field goes a long way in generating success.
Your team can also create content on your behalf, which is great if you don’t already have a designated team member for this role. A PR professional can write blog posts, social media posts, press releases, white papers, and more. All of this is helpful for building a strong reputation.
3. Create In-Person Connections at Trade Shows
Just because digital PR for manufacturers focuses more on the online space doesn’t mean your team can’t assist you with establishing in-person connections. For many in the manufacturing world, attending trade shows is a must as part of an overall marketing strategy.
Your digital PR professionals can research the best trade shows for you to attend for maximum ROI. Plus, they can guide you in crafting a presence and a booth that stands out from competitors and appeals to your target customer as well as potential employees.
However, the job doesn’t end there. Your PR team can work with you to conduct outreach before, during, and after the trade show to establish and build relationships while people are most interested. When you start bringing in new customers or employees as a result, you’re sure to appreciate the investment.
Boost Your Company’s Digital Marketing Strategy
At Shanahan Strategy, we use our expertise to craft a powerful marketing strategy to help you stand out above your competitors and appeal to your target audience. We offer marketing audits, roadmaps, and more to create an unforgettable online presence.
Get in touch with the Shanahan Strategy team today to discover how we can help you build a strong digital marketing strategy.